CNO Level 3 – Online Webinar Format
Neural Occlusion Screening & 3D Imaging of the Temporomandibular Joints and Their Influence Upon the Occlusion & TMD
Online Course Features
Learn how to objectively determine if your patient has stable & adapted joints, allowing one to predict occlusal efficacy for all forms of dentistry. Dental professionals who aspire to competently integrate 3D imaging (TMJ CT and MRI scans) into their occlusal and/or TMJ/D diagnostic and treatment protocols, will perform at the pinnacle of the dental profession.
CNO Level 3 Options & Faculty
20 CE Hours: online option
Prerecorded, online lecture: 20 hours of pre-recorded lecture. Completion of Levels 1 and 2 are recommended prerequisites. Faculty for both versions: TMJ Surgeon Dr. Edward Zebovitz, Medical Radiologist Dr. Sam Paglianite, GP Dr. Nick Yiannios, and engineer Mr. John Radke.
Onsite Lecture Coming Soon! Onsite lecture: 3 days of lecture, observation, and participation in Rogers, AR at CNO headquarters. 24 CE Hours: onsite option
What You’ll Learn
Online Webinar/ On-site Lecture
A serious introduction to ordering, reading, and interpreting TMJ CBCT and MRI scans, and how they relate to everyday dentistry, including practical restorative, cosmetic, orthodontic, and implant treatment planning. Time is also spent on bringing together the occlusal metrics and imaging to accomplish Neural Occlusion Screening, the diagnostic gold standard for occlusal and TMJ pathology. The autonomic sympathetic inputs are also elaborated upon, picking up where CNO1 left off.
Big Sky Seminars is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA CERP through joint sponsorship between Big Sky Seminars and The Center For Neural Occlusion.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by Boards of Dentistry. Big Sky Seminars designates this activity for 20 hours continuing education credit. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/goto/cerp.
The Online Course is worth 20 ADA CERP credit hours after passing a simple online attendance exam. A separate 50 question CNO Certification exam is available that provides entry to the CNO “Find A Doctor” Database listing (*with a paid annual membership and passing the above exam with a score of 80%+).
Required Reading: Chapters 9 & 10 are required reading for CNO Certification & to pass the certification exam. Use coupon code CNOHOR at IGI checkout for a CNO student DISCOUNT!
Master 3D Imaging
Online Webinar &/or Lecture Format
The CNO Level 3 Course provides:
- How to determine if your patient is a CNO patient Type A, B, or C, hence vetting efficacy of treatment
- Understanding that many of our asymptomatic patients possessed deranged TMJs
- When occlusal splints or orthotics are biomechanically indicated, and why they are not much of the time
- How to use Anomalous Medical software to create a virtual representation of your patient’s condition
- An deep dive into Dr. Mark Piper’s foundational occlusion concepts
- How to objectively decide when NOT to perform DTR occlusal adjustment therapy on a patient based upon not only the occlusal measurement tools, but on 3D scans of the “backside” TMJs as well
- The efficacy of using in office CADCAM digital imaging to perpetuate the exact shape of restorative additive alterations the same day, to help ensure the proper perpetuation of additive occlusal changes
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in everyday dental practice
- How displaced discs may cause confounding pain
- How cervical spine inputs may cause confounding pain
- How sympathetic inputs may cause confounding pain
- Correlating disc displacement with occlusal change
- Effectively identifying avascular necrosis using a combo of TMJ MRI & CBCT
- Identifying effusions and edema of the TMJs
- Objectively diagnosing inflammation within the TMJs, definitively
- Why centric relation is usually the worst place to build a bite in patients with deranged joints
- How to diagnose the TMJ hard and soft tissues and arrive at a definitive Piper classification
- Quantifying growth and development issues and the implications for treatment
- TMJs and the airway, measured
- A serious dive into the medical radiology literature
- Learn to help patients understand and own their problem(s)
- Prepares the attendee for the CNO mastership tract (MCNO)
The Online webinar purchase will be credited towards the attendance of a CNO Level 3 onsite lecture within two (2) years of purchase.
Dr. Nick Yiannios is a private practitioner, author, researcher and founder of the Center for Neural Occlusion. He is a contributing author in the Handbook of Research on Computerized Occlusal Analysis Applications in Dental Medicine and is credited with identifying the phenomenon known as Frictional Dental Hypersensitivity for dental medicine. He has published multiple times regarding the usage of T-Scan® digital occlusal analysis, EMG interpretation, MRI & CBCT TMJ imaging, dental hypersensitivity, and computer-guided occlusal adjustment procedures in several other textbooks and journals.
Dr. Ed Zebovitz is a world-renowned TMJ surgeon who has spent decades helping patients with occlusal and TMJ/D problems. He actively engages in objectively diagnosing TMJ pathology using both MRI & CBCT imaging prior to surgical or non-surgical intervention. He is visiting faculty at both the Pankey Institute and Spear Education as well as the CNO, and has been a CNO Board Member since 2015.
Mr John Radke has over 50 years of expertise in the TMJ/D & occlusion realm. John is the creator of the BioPak® software, Bio-EMG, JVA, digital Mastication Analysis and Jaw Tracking technologies. His engineering expertise provides a unique perspective for CNO1 attendees, and he is an invaluable resource for those learning the myriad intricacies of using these various technologies in practice. John is also the managing editor of “Advanced Dental Technologies & Techniques”, an online scholarly open journal.
Center for Neural Occlusion Curriculum Benefits
20 Online CE Hours
After passing the attendance exam and completing the evaluation. A secondary mastery test is required for certification.
Mastering occlusal diagnostic science is a unique skillset that patients are more than willing to pay for.
CNO Level 3 curriculum covers the basics of how to order, read, and interpret CBCT and MRI scans and what to do with that information.
Annual membership of $695 and includes a directory listing in our CNO “Find a Doc” database and creates efficacy for all restorative dental treatment.
What Patients Say
“Before the computerized bite alignment, my mouth was telling my brain that things weren’t right, but I didn’t know what to do about it. Several months after having gone through the treatment, I have nothing bad to say about it! If things keep going the way they are, I’m going to be a very happy person! The things that I’ve done w/ this disability… imagine what I’m going to do without it! I’m going to take over!” His case study: https://youtu.be/AWv-1-_JhKQ
Taner A Patient
“Nobody in my area, not one dentist, could get my bite right. Every time I had dental work done, the bite was shifting all over to the point that I had teeth banging from my front teeth to my back teeth. Jaw pain, headaches in the back of my head, neck and shoulder pain; all of that has improved since getting my bite balanced to the way it was supposed to be!” Her case study: https://youtu.be/rJEN8CoqGTA
Darleen A Patient